Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Matt Hetherington's stunning new CD is now available at Middle Eight Music


Matt Hetherington
    







Matt Hetherington has been a feature vocalist all across Australia and around the world both as a soloist and with his band (The Matt Hetherington Band) for over 20 years. He is also an award winning music theatre actor. He won the prestigious Helpmann Award as Best Actor (The Full Monty) and Green Room Awards for his performances in Next To Normal (MTC 2011) and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (The Production Company 2010). He has starred in numerous other productions including Shane Warne The Musical, Sweet Charity, Flowerchildren, Hair and Happy Days The Arena Spectacular and regularly appears on Australian television. 

This album is a culmination of his long journey in music. He takes us from intense rock to beautiful uplifting ballads sharing his feelings and emotions with great power and sincerity. 

Here's how Matt describes this album... "Matt, why haven’t you recorded before? I can’t believe this is your first recording! What’s stopped you doing this sooner? These questions have been asked of me many, many times over the past few months. The answer is; I’m not sure. I have wanted to record for a long time. Do you know the feeling? You really want to do something but you just can’t get started. Because it’s big and important and you want to do it properly...Importantly the songs represent my love for different musical styles. Some powerful rock sounds and some gentle tender messages...That sums me up and sums up what I love to do with my voice. I love the extremes; when my body aches for air in an intense rock song and when I can feel the gentle vibration of my voice singing tenderly. I poured my heart into this project. I hope you feel it. Some of the songs touch on some extremely personal subjects. All of them are significant. ‘I Get Excited’ is about the joy of becoming a dad and ‘Oscar’ is about the journey that delivered Melissa and I the love of our lives, our beautiful son."

No comments: